What you need to know:
– Our standard performance times are 2 sets of 50 minutes, other sets length can be discussed.
– We know some event schedules may vary during the day, we are flexible to adapt to changes or delays, but in some occasions it may not be possible due to other commitments on the day.
– We can play acoustically (or unplugged) if required, but bare in mind that the size of the room and volume of the guests chatting may affect dramatically how well you can hear the band. If it’s just background music, then that’s no problem.
– We love to play outdoors, but a gazebo or tent must be provided to protect the equipment, and whenever possible the surface should be always flat, and never on grass or soil.
– We require a normal electrical socket for our equipment, and a reasonable space for us to set up (recommended is 3x4m for the full band)
– We hold Public Liability Insurance provided by the Musicians Union, and PAT tested equipment.
– As a standard we provide a professional sound system which should suffice for audiences for up to 60 people. You can upgrade for a BIG sound & lighting set up under request.
– Complementary hot food and refreshments for the band is often requested in our agreement. PLEASE make sure you note this to the caterer/venue. IF this is not possible, a suggested £15 tap per musician is an option. A well fed band will give a better performance, specially after long travels and long hours on site!
– We can play music in between sets and before the performance through an ipod, or a playlist of your own choice.
– The client is responsible for the security of the band and their equipment at the venue.
– We will always quote you with a full all inclusive price – travel and other expenses will be included. Accommodation is required when traveling times exceeds 2 hours.
We will ask for a booking fee to secure the date, and the rest of the fee shall be paid on the day of the performance.
A standard agreement is issued to secure the booking.
– By booking us you agree to this T & C.
COVID-19: Please note that under this exceptional circumstances, you will still be liable to pay our cancellation fees if you need to postpone or cancel the event. If we can reschedule to your new date, your deposit will still be valid, however this may not be entirely possible.
If a client cancels a performance:
Within 8 weeks of the performance: 50% of the fee is payable
Within 4 weeks of the performance: 100% fee is payable
Deposits are non refundable